Monday, February 14, 2011

Dear Grandma Great, Won't you be our Valentine?

Valentine's Day is about sharing our adoration of a special someone, yes, but also for showing our love for other people with whom we are close. Because I think that it's important that we honor those who have amazing impacts in our lives, I'd like to share some pictures of Matt's Grandma Kelley, or, as she is known to my children, Grandma Great. I remember when we told her we were having Ella, who would be her first great-grandchild, she stated that she wanted to be called Grandma Great, as that is what her mother was called by her great-grands. Since I have known her, she's had a spark in her eye, a spunk in her step, and an inspiring sense of self-confidence. (Seriously, the first time I met her at the age of 75, she took me on a hike up to what was at least a small mountain overlooking the Hudson River in New York. Seriously. I hope to be able to do that when I'm 68!) Over the years, I have had the pleasure of listening to her tell stories about her Irish family and the heritage that is a great part of who my husband is today. She loves her family deeply, and loves sports almost as much. She has always displayed a strong determination to live her life on her own terms, and for that I want to celebrate her on this day. So, here are some pictures of our Grandma Great. Thank you for all that you have done and all that you continue to do. We love you with all our hearts. You are our Valentine this year!






1 comment:

  1. Miss Mary was is one of the most precious, spunky ladies I been blessed to know in my life...thank you Aileen and Matt for sharing her with our family. We all love May!

    ReplyDelete