Friday, July 29, 2011

Face Nipples.

I've mentioned before that my Summit says some crazy stuff. His imagination runs as wild as the horses in the Old West. I imagine that inside his head are a million ideas flying all over the place... much like a whole slew of those little rubber balls from gum ball machines would if they were all tossed at once inside a rubber room. Bouncing. Everywhere. Constantly. All different colors. All different directions. Colliding into one another. Changing direction. Up. Down. Sideways. Crossways. Impossible to pay attention to just one.

And I love this about my little guy. He never ceases to entertain me. Never.
Case in point:

Yesterday, as we were driving down the road, he was asking a question about something I wasn't ready to discuss with him... which is pretty common... remember how he keeps asking about how babies get in their mommies' tummies? So, I diverted his attention, using his inquiry that had something to do with a friend's birthday   to take him off course.

Me: Do pirates have birthdays?
Summit: Yes. They have dirty birthdays.
Me: What?
Summit: Yeah. They jump in a dirty pool. And they eat dirty cake. And dirty chicken.
Me: Dirty chicken?
Summit: Yeah. They eat the chicken out of the pool with feathers on it. And they get feathers in their teeth, but they don't care 'cause they're dirty.
So, the conversation continued for a bit until he got distracted with another idea. And, his question almost made me run off the road and pee in my pants at the same time... of course, peeing in the pants is easy for a 5'4" woman who birthed two babies who weighed more than 8 1/2 pounds each. For real. I can't even breathe the wrong way when I'm running without having to make a quick getaway to the ladies room.

Anyways, his question was one for which I was completely unprepared. But it was A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

Summit: Mommy, do I have nipples all over my face? 
Me: What?!?!?!?! Do you have have what?
Summit: Nipples.
Me: Nipples? No, Summit. Those are freckles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment