Monday, May 16, 2011

Girl Crazy


My baby boy. My little man. My sweet Summi Poopers. The little guy who loves his mommy the most. He's made room in his heart for another. He's got a major crush on THE little girl from school. It began at the start of the year, and I thought that it'd wear off, but, every day when I get him from school, it seems to have worn on a little more.
When 3-year-old preschool started up, Summit hated staying for Lunch Bunch. I mean, h.a.t.e.d. it. He'd beg me to not make him go. Plead. Cry. Bargain. And, each morning when I'd leave him in his room, he wouldn't let me out the door with less than 10 farewell hugs and kisses. And he'd stand at the door watching me walk away until I was out of sight. I loved it. I felt like the best mommy ever. My kid wanted to see me off and make sure he gave me enough love to last me for the 3 or 5 hours that we'd be apart.
But all that changed when he started spending more and more time with the cute girl with the bow in her hair. The little girl whose 4 brothers at home made her rough and tumble and ready to rock it out with the boys in her classroom (which is probably a good thing as out of the 13 kids in Ms. Rita's class, only 3 are girls). I mean, what more could Summit ask for in a gal? She likes to play in the dirt and she loves dinosaurs! I suppose there was nothing else to do but make her his girlfriend.

Now he asks to stay for Lunch Bunch. He sends me away with a single kiss goodbye, and doesn't wait at the door for me to leave. And, every time I pick him up from the playground, he's gotta tell Ms. Thing goodbye at least 5 times. He'll even roll his window down and scream, "Goodbye Carly! Goodbye Carly! Goodbye! See you tomorrow!" Very loudly. I guess it's kind of cute, but at the same time, I feel like my special fella is starting to break away from me.
During the Easter Hunt for their class, they searched for eggs together, and he'd let her have the ones they found at the same time. What?! My boy, who hoards candy under his bed, was literally giving away sweets-filled prizes to a chick. He even thinks about her outside of school. He wants to wear clothes that she'll say make him look 'handsome.' Handsome? Are you kidding me? She gets him in trouble in Circle Time, and now she wants him to wear clothes to look 'handsome?' She needs to worry about paying attention to the teacher and not what Summit has on. At home, he likes to make notes for her and pick flowers to take to school. (Umm, Carly? Those used to be mine!)
So, when we went to Moseley's last week to look at new settings for me, I shouldn't have been surprised that the girl was on his mind... I shouldn't have been surprised when he was destroyed that we couldn't take home a $10000 diamond ring for her. You'd have thought someone was taking out his heart and stomping all over it. Seriously! He had even told Matt that when he turned 4, he was going to marry Carly and kiss her and have babies. Dear lord!

This kid has it bad. And he's only 4. Girl crazy at 4.

1 comment:

  1. Already! Imagine in years to come. Mac is clueless at this point.

    ReplyDelete