Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thank you, my loves.

I am so thankful for them.

  • Ella's songs. Especially when she thinks no one is listening.
  • The freckles scattered across Summit's nose.
  • Sleepy, snuggly faces.
  • How Ella hums around the house that says she's happily moving throughout her day.
  • The sound of Summit's voice when he speaks.
  • Their laughter. Belly laughs, most of all.
  • Their discoveries.
  • Sword fighting.
  • Ella's poems.
  • The millions of pictures they make for me.
  • Summit's wild imagination.
  • Ella's creativity.
  • Being needed.
  • Looking into Ella's big blue eyes.
  • The way Summit thanks me every morning for making his bed.
  • Their trust.
  • How much Ella loves bugs.
  • How freaked out Summit is of bugs.
  • The ways that they care.
  • Their smooth, soft cheeks.
  • Little hands reaching up for mine.
  • Bedtime stories and our sleepytime song.
  • Sharing the soft of their blankie and pillow.
  • The sound of their breath when they sleep.
  • Sweet hugs and kisses.
  • How they are happy to see me when I pick them up from school.
  • Getting to tell them, "I love you."
  • Hearing, "I love you, Mommy."
  • Knowing that they always will.
Happy Thanksgiving, my precious babies. I feel like the luckiest mommy ever. Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment