Sunday, June 10, 2012

Spring Sports, Round 2

I think we're getting into a pattern with spring sports, friends. It's one reminiscent of my youth and one that I'm happy that my kids will know: Spring is for baseball and softball!

 
This year, my Ella and Summit were on different teams. She played softball and he did coaches pitch again. My dad coached with Matt's help, and, in all honesty, it was a great season all around.
Summit was still the youngest on the team, but he did really well. He loves baseball. Actually, he loves sports. I see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. It's no big surprise, though, as he comes from a long line of sports fanatics. It's inherited. One day he, too, will drive his wife bananas with the obsessive game watching and overtly loud cheering and booing.
This was Ella's first year in softball, and I am so grateful that they created the teams for the girls this season. They had so much fun. It's awesome to see little girls learning how to play, and even more hilarious to see them roll their eyes or put their hands on their hips when they get frustrated or to cross their arms and completely turn their backs to the coaches if they don't like what they have to say. Attitudes, like fashion sense, are innate, and this season showed just that.
Go Vipers and Threshers!

No comments:

Post a Comment